Want to be part of something cool? Join Project 333!
Project 333 is the brainchild of minimalist blogger Courtney Carver over at Be More With Less. She challenges participants to pick thirty-three items of clothing to wear for three months. The first round of minimalist fashion project Project 333 kicked off on October 1, 2010 and lasted three months until the end of the year. I first heard about it only a few days after it started and could have joined; however, I was in the midst of many other things going on in my life and wasn’t able to focus on my wardrobe enough to join. During the entire project, I was a curious bystander and over time, donated all the clothing I never wore and didn’t need. I paid attention to what I usually wore in preparation a future Project 333. Now, I’m ready to take the plunge for the second round!
It begins January 1, 2011 and lasts through the end of March.
Here are Courtney’s rules for Round 2 (on www.bemorewithless.com):
- When: January 1 – March 31, 2011 (It’s never too late to start so join in anytime!)
- What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
- What is not counted part of the 33 items: wedding ring or other sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout). This also means that any ski, snowboarding, biking, and hiking gear are counted as workout clothes and do not need to be tallied.
- How: Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of sight.
- What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don’t fit or are in poor condition, replace them.
Bonus Rules for phase 2:
- Because this is a crazy time of year, use the first week of January if you need it to finish your collection and donation process.
- Choose three additional items and put them aside in your closet. You may rotate these items in during the next three months, but three other items have to rotated out, and donated.
Here’s my list of 33 items as of right now:
1) Light blue jeans
2) Dark blue jeans
3) Gray skinny jeans
4) Black dressy pants (for new ‘job’ in the end of March)
5) Brown sweater boots
6) Brown clogs
7) Black Converse All-Stars
8 ) White sweater
9) Light brown sweater
10) Orange sweater
11) Gray sweater
12) Red argyle button-up sweater
13) Tan & Red striped Gap sweater
14) Black sweater dress
15) Gray long-sleeved shirt
16) White long-sleeved layering shirt
17) Black long-sleeved layering shirt
18) Red sweatshirt (with school/work logo)
19) White U of I sweatshirt
20) White tank top
21) White tank top
22) Black tank top
23) Brown t-shirt
24) Green t-shirt
28) Pearl earrings
29) Green fashion scarf
30) knitted scarf
31) a pair of gloves
32) Bronze winter down jacket
33) Red Houndstooth jacket
Items not counted: slippers, pajamas (which doubles as in-home lounge wear), underwear, socks, hearing aids, engagement ring.
I’ll be sharing another post in the middle of January featuring an updated, complete list with photos and thoughts. I’m hoping to purchase a warm gray cardigan that will replace two items on the list, as well as a pair of black shoes that can be dressy or casual.
Interested?? It’s never to let to start! Let me know if you plan on participating!